We at Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) have carefully created a long-term Vision and Mission that will guide every aspect of our organization. This provides the framework for the goals we have established, the purpose we serve and the principles we stand for.
As the State’s chief agency on water and sewerage services, we will ensure that our concessionaires’ actions are equally guided by this Vision and Mission.
We derive our Mandate primarily from Republic Act 6234 which states the basic goals of the System and declares as its major policy the proper operation and maintenance of waterworks system to ensure an uninterrupted and adequate supply and distribution of potable water for domestic and other purposes and the proper operation and maintenance of sewerage systems in its service area which includes the whole of Metro Manila and parts of Cavite and Rizal.
Our Corporate Philosophy
We will always be mindful that we provide a service absolutely necessary for life and living, and that we will perform our role in the country’s development through honest, respectable hard work. We fully believe that we can always strive to do our best to better serve the water and sewerage needs of our customer.
Our Corporate Policy
We institute these beliefs and values in our way of life, through leading by example and by making them an integral part of our performance management system.
Our Corporate Identity
Provider of adequate and safe water and sewerage services. People’s representative in the Management of water and sewerage management; Asset owner, caretaker of some of the water resources, sewerage and related infrastructures in Metro Manila, and portions of Cavite, Rizal, and Bulacan Province.
Our Service Pledge
We, the officials and employees of the MWSS-CO, shall provide our stakeholders with:
Malinis na Tubig
Sapat na Daloy ng Tubig
When you contact us you will be treated with honesty, fairness, sensitivity and dignity.
You can expect us to:
- Be open and transparent
- Take the time to listen and understand your needs.
- Communicate with you in a timely manner and
- Be responsive as reasonably possible to your issues and concerns.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Statements
ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY VALUE CHAIN
TO ENSURE THE ENVIRONMENTAL SOUNDNESS AND SUSTAINABILITY OF OUR PROGRAMS, PROJECTS, AND ACTIVITIES, WE :
- Integrate environmental considerations into the project decision-making process.
- Comply with governmental environmental laws and regulations and secure the project approvals.
- Conduct consultation with affected communities and relevant national and local regulatory agencies.
- Identify measures to avoid or mitigate adverse project impacts on the environment and proactively manage risks.
- We believe that we can deliver sustainable conservation outcomes by utilizing the latest science and best practices for
biodiversity management and by working in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities.
- We are committed to improving our operational water management and engaging proactively with stakeholders in sectoral water challenges and solutions. We value water as a precious resource and seek to create a water stewardship legacy within the communities that we source our water.
- Through MWSS Innovation and Technology Group, we support research of our water and wastewater treatment supplies, their uses, and value streams to better understand potential positive and negative impacts on human health and the environment, and to identify mitigation measures. We encourage, or require where practical, our Concessionaires to adopt similar objectives.
STAKEHOLDERS’ RELATIONSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT
The MWSS-CO’s circle of concern as embodied in its Charter Statement, Manual of Corporate Governance and Performance Scorecard is its stakeholders. Towards this end, WE commit –
- To sustainable development. It requires all officers and employees to comply with social, environmental laws and regulations.
- To transparently communicate with stakeholders, and to respect all peoples.
- To address the key social and environmental risks that the agency faces
- To build and strengthen relationships of trust, share knowledge and relevant information, and identify new cooperation opportunities that could generate value for our stakeholders: creditors, water concessionaires, lessees, customers, suppliers, government agency partners, local government units, employees, and communities where operate.
FOR OUR EMPLOYEES
Inculcate respect in the meaningful roles and contributions as part of nation-building to the inter-generational legacies being pursued by the System.
We do so through four(4) major pillars:
- Quality Service. We build relationships that are founded on a commitment to each other’s success; act with humility and a willingness to listen, and be committed to resolving differences and conflicts in a constructive and transparent manner; and seek mutually beneficial outcomes in our decision making such that we contribute to sustainable development.
- Transparency. We seek to establish and maintain transparent relationships built on mutual respect and trust with communities affected by our operations.
- Reliability. We engage with local communities to build productive and healthy relationships and contribute to creating shared value.
- Respect. We respect the dignity, wellbeing and human rights of employees and the communities in which operate, as well as others affected by our operations.