Luzon Clean Water Development Corporation (LCWDC), the MWSS concessionaire for Bulacan province through the Bulacan Bulk Water Supply Project (BBWSP), will impose a P0.35 centavos per cubic meter increase in the Bulk Water Charge (BWC) to its partner Water Districts (WDs) and Water Service Providers (WSP) starting 01 January 2022.
From the current P8.50 pesos per cubic meter water charge of LCWDC, the new rate starting 01 January 2022 is P9.08 pesos per cubic meter. The P9.08 BWC accounts for the approved increase last year of 0.23 centavos per cubic meter. LCWDC deferred implementing the 2021 BWC increase to alleviate the financial difficulties of Bulacan water customers during the height of the COVID pandemic.
BBWSP supplies bulk treated water to 13 LGUs, covered by Stages 1 and 2 of the BBWSP, and will be implementing the adjustment of P9.08 next year.
- Balagtas Water District
- Bocaue Water District
- Bulakan Water District
- Calumpit Water District
- Guiguinto Water District
- City of Malolos Water District
- Marilao Water District
- City of Meycauayan Water District
- Obando Water District
- Paombong Water Supply System
- Plaridel Water District
- City of San Jose Del Monte Water District
- Santa Maria Water District
With the MWSS’s approval of LCWDC’s updated Business Plan, which includes Stage 3a of BBWSP development, total coverage will increase from 13 to 20 areas. Stage 3a is composed of three major project components:
- Stage 3a-1 is the conveyance extension for Stages 1 and 2;
- Stage 3a-2 is the Norzagaray Water System;
- and Stage 3a-3 is the Angat-Bustos Water System that will serve the areas of San Miguel, San Ildefonso, San Rafael, and Baliuag.
BBWSP is a Public-Private Partnership project of the National Government to provide a steady, clean, and potable water supply in Bulacan. The MWSS’s customers in Bulacan served by LCWDC enjoy the lowest bulk water charge in the country since 2019.