Construction of a diversion tunnel to supplement the water coming from Umiray River going to the Angat Reservoir.
- This Project is being implemented and funded by the Common Purpose Facility (CPF) Office of the two Concessionaires (Manila Water and Maynilad Water)
Umiray, General Nakar, Quezon
Php 774 Million
Status: (as of 30 September 2017)
- Construction works is still under suspension.
- Requirements for quarry permit were already complied by CPF.
- Supplemental MOA by and amongst MWSS, MWCI, MWSI and LGU General Nakar on watersheds protection and management was signed by the parties on 27 September 2017, and witnessed by MWSS Corporate and Regulatory Office. This Supplemental MOA is related to the Sumag and Umiray Rehab Projects and is a condition of LGU General Nakar prior to the lifting of the suspension.
- 67.79% project completion as of 31 July 2016
Set to Provide Short-term Additional Water
This is originally part of the Umiray-Angat Transbasin Project but was temporarily deferred during the construction of the transbasin tunnel. Considering the need to augment the raw water supply in the Angat Reservoir, now is the time to proceed with the construction of this Sumag River Diversion Works intended to divert raw water from the Sumag River through the existing transbasin tunnel with an estimated volume of 188 million liters per day (188mld).
The Project, which was being funded by the two (2) Concessionaires through the Common Purpose Facility (CPF) Office, was already bidded-out and the contract negotiation with the winning bidder is on-going.