Development of new water source in order to meet the increasing water demand by constructing a redundant dam for Metro Manila’s domestic water supply.
Brgy. Pagsangahan, General Nakar, Quezon / Brgy. Magsaysay, Infanta, Quezon
PhP 18.724 Billion
Official Development Assistance (ODA)
Status: (as of 31 August 2018)
- Loan Signing scheduled on the state visit of China President Xi Jinping on Nov. 19-21, 2018.
- Ongoing Acquisition of lots required for the Tunnel Outlet Portal
- Ongoing coordination with the following agencies:
- LGU Quezon/Infanta = for the PDC and MDC endorsements
- NCIP Region IV-A = for the FPIC
- EMB – Central = for the ECC
- DENR IV-A = for the ECC of the access road to damsite and for the resettlement site
The proposed New Centennial Water Source Project (NCWSP) will provide water security, reliability and additional supply for Metro Manila. It is planned to be site specific, zeroing in on the Kaliwa-Kanan-Agos River Basin as an alternative water source.
The NCWSP will involve the construction of a dam at the Kaliwa River (Laiban Dam), and a smaller dam (Kaliwa Dam) downstream to maximize the water supply, and to ensure short and long term supply for Metro Manila and its adjoining areas.